One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti

Friday, March 4, 2011

Fondue, s’il vous plaît!

Last night we went out for dinner at a charming little fondue restaurant called L'Assiette aux Fromages. I had never had fondue before, so I was very pleasantly surprised when they brought out a HUGE basket of bread for each person to dip in the delicious, melted cheese. I couldn't believe how much of it I ate!


After we were done with the cheese, they brought out a pot of boiling oil and a plate of raw meat with different types of sauces. I loved that I got to cook my meat to my liking - the rarer the better! When our server noticed that I was running low on meat, he brought me a whole other plate and I actually finished it. I never knew I could eat that much.
Just when I thought I was full, they brought out a very large plate of mixed fruit, along with melted dark chocolate for dipping. Even though I was in a food coma for the rest of the night, it was one of the best dinners I have ever had and I would recommend anyone looking for a fondue dinner go to this restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment